Checking out what’s happening on social media, purchasing the newest smartphone, downloading the most recent hit, or playing the next best app—our lives are consumed by the latest technology.
Let Philippians 4:8–9 help you make decisions about media messages.
With all the influences that vie for our attention every day, keeping our lives focused on things that are honorable and true isn’t easy. Here are some practical ways to refocus your use of the media:
- Before posting on social media, ask yourself, Would Jesus write this post?
- Look up song lyrics and check for content and language before downloading a song or album.
- Before watching movies and TV shows, check reviews and ratings on a website such as Common Sense Media.
- Listen to Christian music on Pandora.
- Shop for books at a Christian bookstore.
REFLECT: Maybe it’s time for us to examine what we’re watching, posting, and reading. Once we see something, our mind holds onto it forever. “Be careful, little eyes, what you see,” because the things we focus on shape our thoughts and actions.”
Stay In Touch!
Sign up here for updates and special offers from devozine®.